Friday, November 11, 2005

IV Karat Gold, and Communist Misadventures


Agfa Karat IV
Agfa Solinar f/2.8 50mm
Expired ISO 400 Film

Agfa Karat IV
Agfa Solinar f/2.8 50mm
Expired ISO 400 Film



Agfa Karat IV
Agfa Solinar f/2.8 50mm
Expired ISO 400 Film


Whichever RFFer it was that said the Karat IV had the sharpest Tessar ever ground in the Solinar f/2.8, was absolutely correct. I am absolutely stunned at the results from this camera.

I went and got the film I'd run through it developed today. It amounted to three rolls, in total -- I had four with me. One from the Zorki 6, which finally got here, the first two rolls off the Karat (before I calibrated the rangefinder) and one roll from after I calibrated it.

As a note, most of these pictures are from the last roll mentioned. The first two off the Karat -- well, let's just say that I really did a good job on the rangefinder, based on what it was like before. I'm getting better at guesstimating exposure, too, so this is good. Soon I won't even need a light meter! (Not that I have one now.)

The Zorki was a different story. When I loaded the damn thing, I'm pretty damn sure it didn't catch properly, because the wind lever was DEFINITELY not engaging the sproket holes in the film. That means I shot an entire 24 exposures on one frame of film. That would have been utterly pointless to have developed.

I bought a roll of TMAX to tide me over until I get my lot of film from Paul. Hopefully I can load it correctly. I want to see how the Zorki shoots!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home